Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Altered Books


On Facebook there is a page for "Altered Book Magazine" and each month they put out a challenge. This months challenge was to use a Shrink Potato Chip bag. "Very interesting" I was thinking to myself. So I used up the last of the potato chips and started cutting up the bag. I added heat to the bag with my embossing gun to see what would happen. Again "very interesting" I tried heat just a little and then a lot. But the bag had no color - we need color. So got out my alcohol inks. That worked - I have color. What now. Tried to use my flower punch on it - DON'T - it's still stuck!!!!

Well, I have a older Sizzix Machine with the old die maybe that will work - well it did - BUT i had to hand cut alot of lines. NO fun. But it's done and I like what I had. So I painted the back ground with Black Gesso and added Teal Glaze on top. The left hand side page was part of the book - remember to use the picture and words that are in your book already. Sometimes that can be your insperation. Added a sticker and the Potato chip bag embellishments. Used a white pen to high light the dragonfly flight....
You know i am looking at the photo - i think i will add more details.....

No comments: