Sunday, January 31, 2010
Christmas Cards #2
Here is the second Christmas Card for Jan - yes, I made it by the 31st of Jan. LOL
Stamp: Queen Kat Designs and Stampotique
Ink: Stewart Superior: Metal Leaf in "Copper" and "Red Variegated", Palette "Stamp & Stick Gluepad" Re-inker, India Ink, Memories Mist "BlueBerry Shake" and Memories Chalk Ink "Faded Lavender"
Fiskard Texture Plate "Snowflakes"
Card stock: White, Red
Gold Ribbon, Gold Bow
Die cut: Tim Holtz's "Ornate"
1) On white cardstock emboss "snowflakes" using Fiskard Texured Plate. Spray White Cardstock with Memories "Blueberry Shake" - set aside to dry or heat dry it...
2) After your Memories Mists had dried - Lightly add "Faded Lavender" to raised "Snowflakes" use the directed to paper technique with a very light hand. You just want to ink the snowflakes..
3) Die Cut your snowflake back ground using Tim Holtz's new "Ornate" Die. Adhere all to card base. Card base is Red card stock
4) Stamp "May Peace be your gift at Christmas and your blessing all year through!" I stamp my image between my die cut. See sample for placement.
5) Stamp Ornaments on to red card stock. Cut out image (I cut off the wire image, replace with real wire)
6) Using your Palette Stamp & Stick re-inker. Place a very small amount of ink on to teflon sheet. drip your paint brush into the ink and paint onto the Ornaments. Only in the place you want the metal leaf to be. Again see my sample to see what i used the Metal leaf on. Heat with embossing gun and place "Metal Leaf" onto ink areas. Remove extra "Metal Leaf".
7) Cut and add wire to tops of each ornament, hang with sting.
8) Add ribbon " I use the new adhesive from "the stickythumb"
Remember if you have any questions - please feel free to e-mail me... Card #2 done for Christmas..... Ya...