Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Caterpillar


This is an extra special card for me to post. I got these beautiful hand carved stamps in the mail all the way from New Zealand from my friend Debra for my Birthday...This is one of the sweet gifts I have every received in my life. Thank you so much Debra for making my birthday extra special this year.... Hope everyone love what I did with her stamps. I hope I honored them....

Supplies:

Paper: Basic Grey, white and Brown cardstock
Transparence
Stamps: Quote: Stampotique, Caterpillar and Cocoon both are hand made by my friend Debra Buckland, Butterflies Stamp
Wire
Twinkling H2O's: Brown
Ink: Memories Grass and Forest Green Dye Ink
India Ink
Red Silk


Direction:
1) Stamp Caterpillar with Green Grass Dye Ink onto white card stock.
2) hand drew stem with paint brush and Twinkling H2O's "Cedar Brown"
3) Stamp Cocoon with Hunter green Dye Ink hanging from Stem.
4) Stamp "quote" onto bottom left hand corner
5) Matted White card stock onto Brown Card stock
6) trimmed Basic Grey Pattern paper to fit card base. Adhere pattern paper and matted image to front of card.
7) Stamp Butterfly onto transparency with India ink - allowed to dry. cut out Image of Butterfly and paint on Red Silk on backside of transparency.
8) Added wire to butterfly. adhere to right hand corner of card. see card for placement...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much Terri. Great card!
you did them justice.

Thanks for sharing.

BrendaLea, the Prpldy said...

What great stamps and a wonderful birthday present! Love the card!