We are so excited to have you participate in our very first USAQ Blog Hop! I love blog hops you get a chance to see this project and so much more. To be eligible to win the fabulous prize being offered, you will need to start at the beginning, which is Sarah's blog. Please visit each blog on the hop. You must LEAVE A COMMENT ON EACH DESIGNERS BLOG by 11:59 EST, Sunday, June 27th.
The drawing will take place on Monday, June 28th.
The kit has a retail value of $29.99.
Great Prize - Can't wait to see who win and what they make with it...
Here is my project - it's a Mixed Media project using Rubberstamp Concepts new EcoArt Boards and the "Draw and Gild" kit from UsArtQuest. So excited to show you this fun project.
Draw and Gild Kit from UsArtQuest witch includes Duo Embellishment Adhesive, GildenGlitz, Fine Liner, Peal Ex (purple)
Acrylic Paint: Red and Blue
Die Cuts: Key and Key Hole
Two Gold Brads
Jewels Watercolor Palette from UsArtQuest
6" x 6" EcoArt Board from Rubberstamp Concepts
Chip board - for Die cuts
Sweetbrier Studio Heart Mold
1) Using Red Acrylic draw and paint a heart onto 6" x 6" EcoArt Board.
2) Paint using Blue Acrylic Paint around the outside of heart - completely painting all of the EcoArt board.
3) Die Cut a both a Key and Key Hole using chip Board (Hint: use your cereal boxes for free chip board). Both of the Dies I used are Tim Holtz new Sizzix Die's
4) Paint Duo Adhesive onto both Die and set aside to dry. When the Duo Adhesive dries is turns clear and tacky. When Duo Adhesive is Tacky add "Gold" Gildenglitz to Key Hole and "Copper" Gildenglitz to Key. HINT: I paint my Duo on with a paint brush - remember to clear brush off when done.
5) Using Sweetbrier Studio Heart Mold - add Paper clay to mold and set aside to dry or set into 250 degree oven to dry in minutes. When PaperClay Heart is dry - paint on Duo Adhesive and set aside to dry. When Duo is tacky add "Copper" Gildenglitz
6) Adhere all of your Die Cut Embellishment and Paper Clay Heart - remember to add your gold brad to your key hole die. :-)
7) Using the Gold Paint from the Jewels Watercolor Palette - add Gold Mica Paint to Fine Liner Tool or Toy as I always call them. Draw gold line around the heart and draw waves from the heart (see sample) Also using your "Fine Liner" write "A Work of Heart" inside of Red Acrylic Heart.
Remember to sign your master piece. :-)
Please take some time and check out what the other DT member made using the same Draw and Gild Kit from UsArtQuest and leave us some love in a form of a comment please.. Here are the link to their blogs...
Connie Vogt - this is your next stop of the Hop
Julie Ranae -
I can't wait to read all of the comment - there should be lots since this is a wonderful giveaway. WOW!