Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

UsArtQuest DT - Mica Color

Time to Check out what the Design Team for UsArtQuest has been up to this time. I hope you have been hopping from one DT member blog to the next. If so. I'm the end of the line. Need you need to hop on over to the UsArtQuest Website and purchase these amazing palette of color. We receive a palette of Mica Color this time around. I got Interference. These are amazing color to use, Try using them on dark Card stock. WOW..... I have three simple and amazing techniques for you all using Mica Color. I made three cards, BUT all these techniques can be used to make scrapbook pages, Altered book pages, and much much more... Hope you share what you do with these color. Post your project on Facebook. Yes, UsArtQuest has a Facebook wall.... Are you a fan?



This Card I used the "StarGazer" Palette of Mica color which I already owned...
First I pick three color off the palette (Hint: used the colors next to each other they are meant to go together). I painted the three colors directly onto my stamp, then I sprayed water (not alot of water, maybe one or two sprays) onto the stamp, then stamp image onto black card stock - heat set image imitatively. by heat setting it imitatively you will stop the colors from running too much. As you see you do not get a crisp image with this technique - BUT i love it.... Too match the colors in my stamp image I used the same color to paint on to card stock to matte my image.
HINT: if you get too much water on your stamps. Heat set image as soon as you remove your stamp... (stamp - heat)



This Card I started off with a Dark Gray card stock and add two color from the Mica Color Interference Palette. I painted Interference Blue and Interference Green directly onto the card stock. Then I stamped Clocks using my Embossing Ink and Gold Embossing Powder over the back ground. Add Matted Quote.


This Card I Stamp the Lovebird image using Embossing Ink and Black Embossing Powder, heat set your embossing powder. Then just color in the image using your Mica Color. I used a dark gray card stock here, but Black Card Stock work well also.

Well like I said before this is the end of the line for the blog hop. Would love it if you leave me a comment they mean so much to me. REALLY! If you have any questions - leave me a comment and I will do my best to answer it...

TTFN

Terri Sproul

9 comments:

Helen said...

Just love those lovebirds - what amazing colours!!

Sarah Anderson said...

Great idea to show three ways of using the paints Terri, they're all lovely.

Sue said...

Terry, I really liked how you painted directly on the stamps and then stamped the image. I love the no crisp look of it like yourself.
Thanks for the ideas.

Electra said...

Each of these cards is awesome in it's own way!!

Carla (Color Heals Me) said...

Beautiful cards. My favorite was the one with the gold time piece stamp..

Lynn Stevens said...

I think you ladies have sold me on this mica powder paints! awesome stuff!

2amscrapper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
2amscrapper said...

wonderful examples of how to use these products. Great hop!

Terry said...

Love what you did with these paints! Gorgeous work!