Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

UsArtQuest DT - Perfect Pigment and Studio Cloth

Another amazing Kit we got in the mail a couple weeks ago. First we receive "The Perfect Paint Bucket" which included 6 Acrylic Paints 6 Mixing Cups 1 Paint Brush and 4 sponges... I Love to work with paint - Next I pull out of the box a couple of "Perfect Brushes" - these are amazing quality. I am a little scared to uses, I am very hard on my paints brushes. I Promised to clean right after each use.... I promise.....
Back to my box.... Next I pull out Studio Cloth - "WOW" I have been wanting to play with this stuff.... Now wasn't that an amazing box... Go and order your box right now!!!!
Time to Play....... Here is my project I made with the box of goodies I received...



It's a Bookmark......



Supplies:

Studio Cloth
Perfect Pigment - secondary Bucket...

Glazing Medium
PPA
The Perfect Brush - different sizes..

Stamps: Stampotique and Unity....
Chip Board
Small Brads
Copper Wire - hardware store....
small copper key charm
Ink: Palette Ink Pads: "Noir Black" and "Viridian Leaf"


Directions:
1) cut Studio Cloth larger then your Chip Board piece. My Chip Board piece was 5" x 2 1/4". I cut my Studio Cloth bigger then my chip board - so, I can cut the extra off later...


2) Paint Studio Cloth with Perfect Pigment "Purple Mist" ( you all know I love purple). Set aside to dry....



Clean my brushes.....



3) Stamp Image onto to Studio cloth using Palette Hybrid Inkpad



4) Seal stamped image with Clear Gesso... set aside to dry... clean my brush...



5) Stamp Quote Image using Noir Black Hybrid Inkpad




6) The color was too strong for me so I had to grunge it up a little. so I mixed Perfect Pigment "Burnt umber" with a glazing Medium and a little water. Just a few drop of the Perfect Pigment is all you need the colors are amazing... Painted the whole bookmark with the Glaze Burnt umber paint. Much better..... Clean my paint brush....




7) cover my Chip board piece with PPA Matte and placed my Studio Cloth over the Chip board. Turn the Chip Board over and cut around it. using your chip board as you guide.... Clean my Paint Brush...




8) Added the brads to the corners of my bookmark. Need a little more so I added the copper wire (found at the hardware store) and a key charm....

Stop by each of my fellow designer and see what they have done. We also have a guest designer for this weeks post. Check Lori project out also...

Well that is about it... Super easy..... Hope you make one soon... I am working on a Mini Book with the Studio Cloth... it's amazing. I did not get it done yet. But here is a sneak peak at it. I am using everything I have received so far as a UsArtQuest Designer... Please stop back by and see how it turn out. This project is far from being done. But I have used almost everything we have recieved so far... Mica tiles, Mica Flakes, Perfect Pigment, Studio Cloth, Napkins, PPA Matte and gloss.... and much more....



Stop by and see what my other team mate have completed. Also check back soon lots of exciting thing going on....

TTFN

Terri Sproul

3 comments:

Jan Hennings said...

Love the book mark and the verse on it is awesome!

Jessica Griffin said...

It's amazing how bright the paint was to start! I love the book mark, and the stamps you used.

Lori said...

The bookmark is fantastic, and the journal is coming along nicely! Can't wait to see the rest! Wonderful work!