Trick or Treat Cigar Box
Glue Dots® “Pop Up”
Glue Dots® “Craft”
Glue Dots® “Glue Lines”
Stamps: Stampotique Original: “Kitty”, “Welcome Door”, “Spider”, “Honeycombs”, “Crow on Line”
Stamps: Moon by Fancifulstamps
Stamps: Quote by PXS Stamps
Stamps: Stars from Martha Stewart
Colored Pencils: Faber-Castell
Ink Pads: India Ink by Stewart Superior, Memories Dye Ink “Yellow”, “Cement” and “Sepia” Memories Ink pad are also from Stewart Superior
Goldens Glaze: “Ultramarine Blue” and “Patina Green”
Acrylic Paints: Black
Silk: Sky Blue by Stewart Superior
Memories Mists: Iridescent by Stewart Superior
Textured Ribbon – brown mesh
1) Cut top of Cigar Box lid off… Keep for another project!
2) Paint the entire box with Gesso (this is a primer to cover all the cigar box labels). Paint outside of box with Black Acrylic Paint. Paint inside of box with two colors of Glaze “ Ultramarine Blue” and “Patina Green”
3) When paint is dry Stamp “Stars” with “Yellow” Dye Ink
4) On White Cardstock stamp the following in India Ink and color in with Faber-Castell Art Grip Pencils: “Spider”, “Kitty”, , and “Girl”. Also Stamp “Moon” onto White Cardstock and Paint with Stewart Superior “Sky Blue” Silk. Stamp the “Welcome Door” with “Sepia” Memories Dye Ink, before I color in the image I painted Gesso on the door where it’s says “Welcome” to completely cover this word… When you have colored in each image, cut them out.
5) Back to the box: Stamp using India ink “Crow on a line” (see sample for placement) also Stamp “honeycombs” onto the bottom where your door will be. I used the Honeycomb stamp to look like a walk ways…. Stamp in Memories Dye Inkpad “Cement”. Paint in honeycomb image with Acrylic Paint.
6) Using My Glue Dots® I start to put my box together. I used the “Pop-Up” under the Moon, and the Kitty. “Craft Dots” under the Door, Girl and the Spider. As for the Spider, I hung spider from the top of the box with “Craft Dots” My Girls is adhered to the side and bottom of the box. I used Fishing line to make the spider line invisible, I just Glue Dotted to the back of the spider and the top of the box.
Finished by stamping “Trick or Treat” inside the box where it fit the best and spray the entire box with: Iridescent Memories Mists. Around the outside of the box I wrapped a Mesh ribbon using My “Glue Lines”.
I wrote this blog post while participating on the Glue Dots Design Team!