Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

FaveCraft Blog Hop


I love a blog Hop, and I am so happy you have all join me here on my blog. I am a designer, teacher and product developer for a few different companies in the paper craft world. I love to play with different medium. I hope you become a follower of my as I love to teach lots of techniques use photos and videos. I also have my own page over on Favecraft, so check me out while you are spend time there. This post has lots of fun products and techniques in it. So let me show you what I made.



Supply List- most have link to purchase ;-)
Jewerely Box UsArtQuest
PPA Gloss

Accent Powders
Palette Stamp and GluePad

Heat Gun
Stamps: flower stamp (unknown) and Handwriting stamp: Stampotique, butterfly stamp: Magenta
Flower Punch: Daisey Punch, small and large size - or any flower punch you have
Silks
Dew Drops: robin's Nest
Black Gesso - Golden's
Paper Clay
Face Mold
Blue Acrylic Paint
Texture Sponge
Palette Noir Black Ink
Dutch Iris Twinkling H20
Black Leaf
Glue Dots

1) Paint box with Black Gesso or Black Acyclic paint you might need two coats with the Acyclic paint. Gesso saves you time. Set Aside to dry




2) Punch 6 large daisy flower and two small daisy flowers. Paint the flower with Silks, I used the Sky Blue and Fascia. See Sample




3) Place small amount of paper clay into face mold and unmold and let dry. TIP: you can put paper clay piece into 200° oven for about 10 minute and it will be dry. When your face is dry I painted mine with blue acyclic paint - same color blue I painted the inside of my box
4) Stamp butterfly image onto white cardstock with Palette Noir Black Ink. I used a purple water pencil around the edge of the butterfly and Dutch Iris Twinkling H20 in the middle of the butterfly and blended the two color together. Cut Image out. using my finger I added a small amount of PPA Gloss on the image, give it some shine...
5) Hand cut a leaf from white cardstock and painted with Leaf Green Silk
6) Back to our box: On the top of the box I used my textured sponge and Palette Stamp and Gluepad: Ink up the texture sponge and tap onto the top of the box and in a few spots, heat to activate ink and add accent powders to the area you applied the ink. Continue to do this technique over the rest of the box with different color of accent powders until you are happy with the top. I used three colors. love the look of this.




7) After I got all the accent powder on my top I need to add more. So I stamped the scrip stamp using the Palette stamp and glue pad, heat to activate the ink and applied "Black leaf". OMG - loved it... very happy with it at this point.
8) Stamp a flower stamp on the side of the box using the Palette Stamp and GluePad and more accent powders around the side of the box.


9) Painted the inside with blue acrylic paint.


10) Added my flowers, paper clay face, and butterfly to the top left corner of the box.
11) added Drew Drop to the centers of the flowers I stamp on the side and also to the center of the flower on top. See sample again
I hope you enjoy this project and you continue to stop by. I will be doing some blog candy later on this week. Need to leave me a comment today, become a follower and stop back by later on this week to be entered. Now hop on back to Favecraft to see the next stop...

TTFN
Terri Sproul

3 comments:

Karisa said...

Thanks for participating in our blog hop! I love this project--so pretty! See you next month :) P.S. We're doing a special mailing of the FaveCrafts newsletter on Wednesday to recap the blog hop, and your project will be featured!

Proxxon Tools said...

How exciting this this...

Anonymous said...

this is truly beautiful!