Wishes for your birthday
By Terri Sproul
Ink: Memories Chalk “Gingerbread”,
Memories Mist: “cherry Smoothie”
Paper: K&Company: Studio K 9 Stitched – all the paper is from this grouping
Glue Dots®: Lines, Craft, Poster, Micro,
Eyelets or brads – if you use eyelet you will need an eyelet setter
Lots of Ribbons
Bottle Cap with gear ephemera and Crystal Lacquer
Sticker Letter, words, embellishments
Stapler: I used Tim Holtz Mini stapler (but you can use any stapler you have in the house)
Small tag punch – but you can hand cut tags
1) Fold 12” x 12” paper in half, fold in half the other way. Fold one side into 4th. Accord fold. You end up with a booklet that 6” x 12” with four pockets. You can make this project with different size papers. I have done with 8 ½” x 11” paper many times.
2) My paper is only pattern on one side – so I spray the white side of my pattern paper with Memories Mists, Cherry Smoothie. You do not see the Memories Mists in these photos.
3) Rip first section – from top left side to bottom right side. 2nd Section: Punch with Circle punch – only punch ½ of the circle at the top to make a whole for you tag to be easy removed. 3rd Section: Do the same as the circle but with a square punch (or another space you can think of). 4th Section: Cut about 1 ½” down the inter seam and fold down twice. Adhere your folds with Glue Dots®.
Rip the first section - from the top right corner to the bottom left hand side.
2nd and 3rd section: Punch a Circle and Square on the top. See how the punch is in upside down and only 1/2 way.
4) Ink all edges with Memories Chalk Ink “Gingerbread”.
5) The embossed Square pattern paper – first I sand the whole paper to give bring out the embossed images more, then I ink the edges some…
6) Make 4 Tags – Just a hair under 3” x 6” tags. Or the size you need to fix into your pockets…
7) At this point I just started to have fun. I cut up the embossed Square Pattern paper to add to the inside of my project. Added lots of Rub-on words, sticker and vellum – adhere with my Glue Dots®
remember if you ever have a question - just let me know.. I will do my best to answer
I wrote this blog post while participating on the Glue Dots design Team....