Sunday, January 31, 2010
Here is the second Christmas Card for Jan - yes, I made it by the 31st of Jan. LOL
Stamp: Queen Kat Designs and Stampotique
Ink: Stewart Superior: Metal Leaf in "Copper" and "Red Variegated", Palette "Stamp & Stick Gluepad" Re-inker, India Ink, Memories Mist "BlueBerry Shake" and Memories Chalk Ink "Faded Lavender"
Fiskard Texture Plate "Snowflakes"
Card stock: White, Red
Gold Ribbon, Gold Bow
Die cut: Tim Holtz's "Ornate"
1) On white cardstock emboss "snowflakes" using Fiskard Texured Plate. Spray White Cardstock with Memories "Blueberry Shake" - set aside to dry or heat dry it...
2) After your Memories Mists had dried - Lightly add "Faded Lavender" to raised "Snowflakes" use the directed to paper technique with a very light hand. You just want to ink the snowflakes..
3) Die Cut your snowflake back ground using Tim Holtz's new "Ornate" Die. Adhere all to card base. Card base is Red card stock
4) Stamp "May Peace be your gift at Christmas and your blessing all year through!" I stamp my image between my die cut. See sample for placement.
5) Stamp Ornaments on to red card stock. Cut out image (I cut off the wire image, replace with real wire)
6) Using your Palette Stamp & Stick re-inker. Place a very small amount of ink on to teflon sheet. drip your paint brush into the ink and paint onto the Ornaments. Only in the place you want the metal leaf to be. Again see my sample to see what i used the Metal leaf on. Heat with embossing gun and place "Metal Leaf" onto ink areas. Remove extra "Metal Leaf".
7) Cut and add wire to tops of each ornament, hang with sting.
8) Add ribbon " I use the new adhesive from "the stickythumb"
Remember if you have any questions - please feel free to e-mail me... Card #2 done for Christmas..... Ya...
Saturday, January 30, 2010
This was a fun card to make... The Stamp is from Queen Kat designs. First I stamp the image using India Ink and then I colored her in with SaKura Crystal Lacquer, I used colors from the Country Color Set and the Basic set. These are a lot of fun, you can build on the color.
I used Mulberry Paper to matte the image with - I adhere the image in the center of my mulberry paper and when around the image with a wet paint brush to give the mulberry paper an feathered look.
I found this new adhesive at the CHA show - new company - check them out at www.thestickythumb.com.
Friday, January 29, 2010
Thursday, January 28, 2010
I had a wonderful time as always..... The best part is I am now a new designer for Sakura, Robin's Nest and Rubber Stamp Concepts. I can't wait to start playing with there new products.
There were a few thing I just could not live with out. One of them was the Ribbon organizer and dispenser. I will post more about this in the next couple of days. The website for the Ribbon Organizer and Dispenser is www.Ribbonspooler.com
More info tomorrow.....
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Hope you will make cards with me. I will see about get some prize in with this too....
Embossing Ink and Black Embossing Powder - both from Stewart Superior
Memories Chalk ink "Cloudy Coral" and Pale Olive
Tag: see my youtube video on how to make your own tag
Punch: Holly punch and small hole punch
green Velvet paper,
Stamp: Inkadinkado: "Paper Artys"
* Die cut or make your own tag
* Ink up Stamp using embossing ink and emboss with Black embossing Powder. If you are new at stamping and do not know how to emboss. I have a great how to video on embossing on my website.
* Using a Make-up sponge and the two Chalk inks: I colored in my image. I use the Pale Olive on the top section and the Cloudy coral on the bottom. I did not ink around santa face and beard. Keeping it white...
* I punch out two holly leaves from green velvet paper. Cut the holly leaves apart. I want smaller pieces to work with. Punch out three small circle for Holly berries. . Adhere all to top of santa hat....
* fold a small piece of red cardstock into a tag ribbon. staple to top of tag...
You could stop right here and have a great tag for a gift or something else. Just an idea....
* Green Cardstock - fold into cardbase. I stamp Music Sheet image on cardstock and embossed with black embossing ink. Destress the edges of the tag and cardbase.
* Adhere tag to front of card. One done...
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Monday, January 18, 2010
Now I just need to figure out how to get there logo on my blog.....
Sunday, January 17, 2010
I will be at CHA from Jan 21 - 27th. Will be posting thing on my facebook page during the show. follow me there and see what is new at CHA this year.
Friday, January 15, 2010
- Sweetbrier Studio Molds: Mini Mold Hummingbird #1504, Oak Arbor #1020
- 10 black tags die cut using Sizzix® die cut machine. (Optional: purchase ten tags in your choice of color, approx 5" x 3 1/2", at an office supply store.)
- Primary Elements by LuminArte®: colors: Glitter Red, Sun Bust, Chestnut Brown, Iridescent
- Green, Moss Green, Stargazer, True Blue, Lemongrass,
- 2 Slide Mounts by Loersch.com: color Olive green
- Fibers: EK Success Adornments: Yellow/green
- Paper: Magic Scrap, or other appropriate paper.
- Loose leaf ring from an office supply store
- Green cardstock: Small piece approx. 1" X
- Stapler and staples
- White Pen – to journal on black cardstock tags
- Metal Embellishments: DCWV®
- Rub-ons: K & Company Spring
- Key Charm: EK Success
- Favorite adhesive: Crafter’s Pick™ Memory Mount is mine. (If using polymer clay embellishments, use a strong glue such as E-6000® or The Ultimate Glue® to attach baked parts.)
- Sharpie Marker: Black
- Brads: Little Black Dress
- Scissors and Personal Trimmer, Circle and Oval Cutter
Using Paper Clay mold the following using Oak Arbor mold #1020: (4) Dragonflies D-1, (1) Stick, (2) leaves L-2, (2) leaves L-1. Using Hummingbird mold #1504; (4) leaves, (8) flowers, and (2) Hummingbirds. Set aside to dry.To demold, slightly flex the mold while using your thumbs to pull the part loose around all sides. Gently push up on the molded part from the bottom as you flex the mold to lift or tip the part from the mold.
- Cut, from black cardstock,
10 Super CrescentTag from Sizzix® or use purchased tags. Put the Loose Leaf ring through the hole in all 10 tags. With all of the tags to the right of the loose-leaf ring, the top tag will be the cover.
- Open the cover page. There will be one page on left side of loose leaf ring and one page on right side of ring. These first two pages will be 1A & 1B, Put a large X on both of these pages (1A & 1B) – YOU WILL NOT BE DECORATING THESE PAGES.
- Turn the page – these two pages will be 2A & 2B and will be decorated.
- Turn the page again to pages 3A & 3B– Put a large X on both of these pages, turn the page again – these two pages will be decorated.
- Continue this until you get to the back cover. The pages with the large X’s on them are the backs of your finished pages. Do not create anything on X’d pages as these will be stapled or glued together when finishing and will not show.
- Pages to be decorated: adhere the pattern papers. See pictures for placement.
- Paint the embellishments using the LuminArte® Primary Pigments with a tiny bit of water: Hummingbirds: Lemongrass, Glitter Red at chest, Iridescent green on all wings, and chestnut brown on beak and the black Sharpie marker for his eye. Flowers: Sunburst and Glitter Red. Stick: Chestnut Brown. Dragonflies: Paint two using True Blue and Stargazer and two using Moss Green and Iridescent green. Leaves: Moss Green and Sunburst.
- Glue the finished embellishments to the pages. (If using polymer clay embellishments, use a strong glue like E-6000® or The Ultimate Glue®.
Here is Page 3 and page 4
Here are pages 5 and 6
Here are pages 7 and 8
Here are pages 9 and 10
9. Cover: Using one olive green slide mount over a Rub-On “Spring is in the Air”. Place the rub-on onto white card stock. Cut to 2” x 2” and place under slide mount and adhere.
11. More embellishment Ideas:
a. cut about a 3” piece of ribbon fold in half and staple or glue to the tag or photo.
b. Vellum quote adhere with brads- when finished with all pages you will not see the backside of your brad.
c. Ribbon: Wrap the ribbon around to the back of the page and glue/adhere to the back of the page. Remember, it will not show after finishing.
12. THE BIG FINISH: You should now have all of the pages decorated and the pages marked with an “X” are NOT decorated. Remember, these pages are every other set of pages.
13. Tabs: Cut 3 piece of green cardstock to 1” x 1”. Fold the cardstock in half to make ‘tabs’ 1/2” x 1”. Set aside.
14. Adhere cover and the first page together; the pages with the “X” should be in-between. Staple the 1/2” x 1” green folded cardstock to edge to be used as a tab (or glue the tab between the pages), as shown. Continue to adhere the X’d pages together, adding tabs as shown.
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
I know this is a little hard to see - But have you tried to scan a book.
So here is an altered book page I did for my entry into Kat Stamp's Contest.
After Glue a few pages together (see video on youtube). I painted both pages with Black Gesso.
this gave me a clean slat to work on.
On the left hand side page I used three different Memoires Metallic Re-inkers to make my border.
Stamped flowers and fern stamps - also use Memories Metallic Ink Pads.
Added a stick ""Earth Laughs in Flowers". and it done. It's a simple on for me, you guys are saying. I hear it. LOL - CHA is only a few days away..... Lots to do. But will have great new when I get home. watch my facebook page - will send update from CHA to you guys....
This card was made for a Challenge on Kat's Stamps blog page. BUT I forgot that I was too put teal somewhere in the card, and as you see I did not. So I like it anyways, so here are the directions
1) roll out paper clay - stamp Butt image into clay. Set aside to dry or place in warm oven
2) Stamp Moon stamp onto white card stock with India Ink, Stamp "moon me" using Palette "Clairet" ink. Cut out Moon
3) After Clay Image is dry - spray with Memories Mists: "Pale ale", the with a direct to paper technique ink up the rest of the stamped image. this will bring out all the detail.
4) Add here to back card stock then to blue card stock (should have been teal). Add ribbon and pop dot under the Moon stamp image.
any questions - please let me know...
Monday, January 11, 2010
February Class at Jazi Craft is all about Stampbord. If you have always want to learn to use Stampbord this is your class.
This class will be on Feb 11th at 11am..... come join me...
For my Riverside, Ca friends. Here is a great new class room to check out. I will be teach there also. This class is all about techniques....
If you are in the San Diego area - I am having this class on Jan 30th. Right after CHA - will be let you know about the new stuff I seen at CHA.
This class is full of techniques. Come join me
at Jazi Crafts
4747 Oceanside Blvd
760-414-9645 - call me to join in on this class.
Here is one of my Clear Cards - I love to use Vinyl cover as my card base. They are in your office supply stores. They are 8 1/2" x 11" - so you can cut them in half and make your cardbase from that... Too cool!
anyways, I am submitting this for a contest to be the new designer for Kat's Stamps.
After you make you cardbase. Stamp on front of Vinyl cover using a permit Ink. I used this stamp from Stampotique and Purple Ink.
Inside of the card: I was starting to make a ATC and it turn into this card. Cut white cardstock to ATC size (2 1/2" x 31/2") Stamp Face Stamp (Stampland) onto White cardstock with India Ink. Mask the face image using Memories Resist. Set aside to dry....
While my Memories Resist was drying I make my own stamp. I punch out two Leaf Punch from Craft Foam. Glue one leaf on top of the other (make it's twice a thick). Then glue to Acrylic block.
Now my Memories Resist is dry (it's clear, not blue anymore). Stamped leaf stamp using Memories Dye "olive" about 6 times.
Removed my Memories Resist and ink all edge of ATC with Memories Dye Ink "ruby".
Adhere ATC image inside of card (make sure I get it inside of the frame I used).
Added a "Thank you" sticker to front of card.
Done: Any question - just ask.....
Saturday, January 9, 2010
1) On this cards I stamp Peggy" using India Ink and add Memories Resist over the image to protect it for the next step.
2) On a teflon sheet I spray three different color of Memories mists (close to each other, but on touching) Ink my "Honeycomb" stamp into the Memories Mists Ink and stamp onto white card stock. IF you ink is very wet - heat with embossing gun to stop the ink from running...
3) Stamp Whatever.... onto white cardstock using India Ink. Matt both images onto blue card stock. Adhered to yellow card base....
Anyquestions - you know what to do...... Just ask.
2nd - I won the challenge for Kat Stamps. with the "Fun Technique" I taught you a few post ago.
Ya for Me.....
More to come.....
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Day 12 - can you believe we are done. The Lord let the star shine for 12 days so that the wise men could find baby Jesus. But you only have one more day to make your comment and post your ATC on Facebook for your change at winning 3 bottles of Memories Mists from Stewart Superior. I hope to see lots of comment and ATC to share....
I hope everyone had a great Christmas and a Happy New Years. I claim 2010 as my year, hope you all come along with me on my adventures...
Monday, January 4, 2010
Day 11 we are almost done... so sad. Please view the video direction on how to make these 12 days of Christmas ATC. Day 11 has a simple embellishment of ribbon adhered behind the "Piper's Piping" embellishments.
Post your comment and your ATC for me to view and give you a chance at winning three bottles of Memories Mists from Stewart Superior.
Become my friend on Facebook also please.
Sunday, January 3, 2010
Here is a simple technique to you can use on lots of different images... Try it...
Stamp Image twice onto white cardstock. Stamp is from Stampotique Originals. Paint One image using twinkling H2O's. Leave your second image black and white.
You will need a punch that you have two of. You want your punches to be two different sizes. This punch shown here is a Creative memories Punch - it's has two size on it. Punch out part of the image you want from the color in image.
Punch larger circle from black cardstock. Adhere smaller punched image to larger black circle. Add clear embossing ink and clear embossing powder. Heat with embossing tool.
Adhere Color image to black & White image. Add embellishments.
This is the same technique - But i did not use a punch - I feel handed the image and the black matt...
Can you believe we are at day 10 already... Wow, too much fun... Anyways, you all know that the video direction on the basic of making these ATC is on my Youtube Channel. This ATC's embellishments are simple Snowflake Brads.... Remember to comment and post your ATC to have your chance at winning three bottles of Memories Mists from Stewart Superior.
Saturday, January 2, 2010
Full video direction on my youtube channel.
Here is day nine: Simple embellishment - ribbon adhered behind the "ladies dancing".
Remember to comment and post your ATC for your chance at winning a prize... I had so much fun making all 12 of these. Hope you are too...