I am just in love with steampunk right now.. So I made this amazing book out of paperclay and binded the book with Safety Pins, just like the tiny little steampunk book I made a few weeks ago... I do have a video showing how to bind this book will be up in a future post. I need to go to the city to upload the video. Sorry :(
Alchohol ink: pesto, ginger, butterscotch
Palette InkPads: Cognac, Raw Sienna
Acyclic Paints: Shade of Browns
Red Line Tape
Safety Pins (my book I used 8 safety pins
Door Knob – by 7 gypsies
Clock parts – I purchase a used clock at a garage sale and took it apart.
Large old fashion keys. – I got one from K& company, the other is a real old key
Grunge – dies from Tim Holtz – I used the hingers,
Mini, larger tags
Old Fashion Safety pin – I did not use this one on the binding.
1) First make you paper clay book as seen in the video. Set aside to dry over night or in the LOW oven…
2) Measure you finished and dry paperclay book to figure out what size to make your pages. My book is about 4 ¼” x 4 ¼” – so I made my pages 3 ¾” x 3 ¾”. So I cut out 4 pages out of Cardstock to measure 3 ¾” x 7 ½” and folded the pages in half. IMPORTANT to read #3 first.
3) Before I cut my pages out. I started with 2 – 8 ½” x 11” cream cardstock and added Tim Holtz gear and clock masked to my cardstock spray each of the cardstock with Memories Mist “Pale Ale” over the maskes.. Do this on both sheets of cardstock. Then cut out your pages…
4) Now just have fun. I stamps different Steampunk images on my background and added lots of fun embellishments.
5) Once all my pages are done. I binded my book – see Video for this.
Cover: I painted with different color of brown Acrylic paint to make it look like leather.. Then I added the embellishments.
Here are all the pages....
This is the next two pages. Here I used the Hinges from Tim Holtz. The stamps are all from Viva Las Vegas stamps. See the fireman - I stamp him in both "Ruby" and "India Ink" and cut him out and used Pop-Up Glue Dots to adhere. The suitcase is a Brad - yes a very large brad. The Finger is a stamp from Stampotique
I stamped and cut out image. Ink all edge to give a aged look.
Used that fireman stamp again from Viva Las Vegas stamps - great place to purchase your steampunk stamps they have lots of them..
I used come copper wire to hang a small key next to the Sakura Jewelry Finding, I made into an embellishment. Love the Big Farris Wheel stamp, Also from Viva Las Vegas Stamps.
Used a tag - folded it in half and add to side of page for a tab.
Lots going on here. The clock face is a real clock face and I used Tim Holtz Spinner for the center of the clock face. The Glass Tile embellishment is from Sakura. I made using their Glass Tile and steampunk clip art. The stamps are all from Viva Las Vegas Stamps
I used a tag and more clip art. See how I made the embellishment on the right side page with the gears in it.. That another Jewelry finding from Sakura, real clock gear and 3-D Crystal Lacquer.
This is all I am going to show you in this post. come back in a couple days and I will continue to show you the next 4 pages and a video on how to bind this book. also another video on how to make those embellishments I made from Sakura.