Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Altered Wall hanging...

This is another project I did as a guest design for Creative Imaginations. It was a fun Altered Art project.  Hope you like...
R-KOH1
Supplies:
Monarch Stencil:  #28375 and #28376 – sorry they don’t have names?
8” x 8” EcoArt Board from Rubberstamp Concepts
Light yellow Acrylic Paint
Radiant Rain:  Color Concentrate:  “Pewter”, “Cooper”
Raidiant Rain:  Shimmering Mist:  “Ocean Blue”, “Fern”, “butternut”
Embossing Paste
Chip board
Die cuts: Crown and swirl
Creative Paperclay
Black marker
Drew Drops
Rub-on Letters
Gold Glitter Chip Board from Robin’s Nest
Directions:
Started by painting your Ecoart board a light yellow.  Lay down your “Monarch” stencil – Heart only.  Using a VERY light touch, dap on your Radiant Rain “Butternut”  over the stencil, pull off stencil and set aside to dry.  after it dries, do the same with the wings stencil using the  “Pewter”, set asdie to dry.    Using a make-up sponge I sponged on both “Fern and Ocean Blue Radiant Rain on the rest of the background, until I was happy…
I had a Creative Paperclay heart already molded and ready to use – So I just painted with my Twinkling H2o’s.  I added my Rub-on letters around my Heart with Wings image – cut out the crown from Glitter paper from Robin’s Nest and added some drew drop – again from Robin’s Nest.    I painted my swirl die cut with the same Twinkling H2O’s as the Creative Paperclay heart.
Mixed Embossing Paste and Radiant Rain “butternut” together and then added the embossed paste and the stencil #28375 – see video on this step



I just stared to place all the part in place and completed my project.  
R-KOH2

R-KOH3
Used a black pen to add some details.  And I was done..  just need to get myself a frame and place on wall or give to my favorite “King of Hearts”
If you have any questions on the techniques I did in this Altered Art project.  Please feel free to ask.  Also check out my youtube channel for more of my "how to" video at http://www.youtube.com/terrisproul. 


TTFN
Terri Sproul - to my personal website - Yes, I have one of them too... smiles...

1 comment:

rosenrobrt said...

Lots of detail....love it.