Pages

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

One Last Moment with Summer

Yes, I know it Fall now, but I had to get one more moment in with Summer.  I am a Mixed Media Artist and I just love to make Art Journals and Yasutomo allow me to play with lots of different mediums.


Art journal - today I am sharing my Art Journal page. Sometimes I go all out with lots of layers with paints, inks, stamps, but there are those moment when you just want to make life simple.


 I used the Niji 36 Oil Pastel and drew a tree, starting with a dark brown Oil Pastel and coloring in with a lighter brown color.  Used two shades of Green to make my tree top and grass, as you blend the two you will get more colors.   

 Here is the best part, as you might know Oil and Water don't mix, so with this in mind.   I got my Niji Pearlescent Watercolor set  and Watercolor Brushes  and start coloring in the sky.  Since water and oil don't mix, the water color did not mix into my tree or grass.  HOW cool is that.  love it..

 I stamped this Bird image and Girl in the Grass, colored them in using my Gel Xtreme Rolls.  Love the way this looks 

Just one more touch, I got my old Calligraphy Pen out and the Yasutomo Traditional Chinese Ink Ultra Black ink and wrote the quote "It's a summer thing" .  
Thanks for stop by the blog today, stop by again.  

Terri Sproul


No comments: