Monday, September 28, 2009
In the Stewart Superior Newsletter for Fall 2009, I talk about ink your stamp so that you achieve a distressed look. Here is sample of that technique using a "Diamonds" Stamp from Stampotique. In the top image, I only ink the stamp a little leaving the background paper to show through. In the bottom image I ink the stamp complete, giving me a clean image. The Ink that I used to make this sample are: Memories Dye Ink "Ruby" on the stamp, Memories Mists "Pale Ale" on background and Memories Chalk Ink" Creamy Coffee" on edges. All ink can be found at Stewart Superiors Website. If you ever have a question - please feel free to contact me at my e-mail address: Terri@ultimatescrapbookretreat.com
Sunday, September 27, 2009
This is one of the project I featured in the Fall newsletter for Stewart Superior. I talked about Different way to distress and this way used White as the distressing color instead of Browns. The paper and embellishments in this project are from Anna Griffin. Her papers are so amazing to use.
In this photo, I am show how to use Memories Chalk Ink to distress the edges of the paper. I used "Milky White" and "Angelia Pink", use the direct to paper technique to achieve a distressed look.
Thursday, September 10, 2009
I have been invited to be a guest artist on Fave Craft.com - this is a fun website .
Hope you enjoy the card.
direction and all supplies for this card are on Fave Crafts.com
Check it out...
I am hoping to do more work for them soon.
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Stamps: Months of the Year "October", "Bob's in Time Out", "Xmas Cubed" - all by Stampotique.
Ink: Memories Dye "Ruby", "Grass", "India Ink" Memories Chalk Ink "Creamy Coffee" all by Stewart Superior
Ink: Twinkling H2O's: "Garnet", "Chestnut Brown"
Black Pen - fine point
White, Green, and Orange cardstock and Wood Grain Pattern Paper
1) Cut wood grain pattern paper to 8 1/2 x 5 1/2" - score at 4 1/4" - fold into cardbase
2) Cut white cardstock to 3 1/2" x 4" Stamp "Bob's in Time Out" with India Ink in center of cardstock. Color Bob's Shirt and pants with Twinkling H2o's "Garnet"
3) On another piece of white cardstock stamp using "Xmas Cubed" two presents and the hat. I stamped the Hat and one present using Memories Dye Ink in "Ruby" and One present in Memories Dye Inkpad "grass". Cut out all images. Hat, and both presents. Adhere to "Bob" as shown.
4) Punch out three circle from Orange cardstock. Punch One leaf using leaf punch. Ink all edges and add detail with fine point black marker.
5) Placing three circle punches together to form a pumkin. add leaf and wire for more detail.
6) Stamp "October" in top left corner - added question mark with black fine point marker.
7) Adhere all to card front.