Pages

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Julie and Julia

Today I was watch the movie "Julie and Julia" and was so inspired by Julie and her blog I want to start work on my just a little harder. I would like to make it more personal and still keep it crafty! So beside watching the movie today, it was National Card Making Day, so I had to make a card.






Supplies:

Crystal Lacquer

Hero Arts Stamp: Wine

Yellow Pattern Card stock: Old kit from Club Scrap

Purple Card stock – Unknown

Flowers: Prime

India Ink stamp Pad from Stewart Superior

White Card stock

Memories Chalk Ink “Faded Lavender”

Glue Dots®

Directions:

1) Stamp Wine Bottle Image onto white card stock with India Ink (HINT: India ink works well, because it’s will not bleed when you use the Crystal Lacquer).

2) Color in Wine bottle Image using Crystal Lacquer as desired. Set aside to dry (HINT: when color one color next to another color, I let the first color dry first. Example: on the wine bottle itself, I would color the cork, wine and left first, let dry a few minutes (it took a while for those color to be colored in, so about 5 – 7 minutes depend on your area.) After those color where dry then I color in the label and the bottle.

3) Once Crystal Lacquer is completely dry I used Memories Chalk Ink “Faded Lavender” around the edges to soften them some. Matte Image onto Purple card stock.

4) Score and fold card. Add matted Stamp Image to bottom right hand corner. Add Flowers using my Glue Dots

I have not been work with my Crystal Lacquer Color Set as much as I enjoy too. So with this card, I pull them out again. Don't you just love the 3-D look of the Lacquer? I hope you enjoy spend a few minutes here with me on my blog. Come back soon more about me and my crafts.

TTFN
Terri Sproul

2 comments:

Tolegranny said...

Here is some love for you today. I love seeing what you are up to. Great card.

Anonymous said...

fabulous card. and so captures the feel of the movie. well done